Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hi from Sarah :)


My turn to share with you today :)
It is freezing cold here in Auckland as I write this (well its 2 degrees c which is about as cold as it gets here!) I am definitely not a winter person so I took out these photos of Natalie that I took back in January on our summer vacation to cheer myself up. I used a combination of papers here - mainly the lovely 'Miss Caroline' range from MME but also a little Kaisercraft and OA thrown in. I used the Studio Calico wooden butterflies as masks to spray over my background then I layered on my photos and embellies.
Isn't that Purple Pumpkin fabric heart button perfect? They come in heaps of colours to match any colour scheme. I think they are one of my favourite PP products (I have LOTS of favourites though lol). Anyway, I matted it on a PP doily (Cut in half so I could use the other half above the photos -
these cute doilies are much to good to cover up!) and grounded my elements with lots of Purple Pumpkin bakers twine. Here is a close up:
The MME banner made a perfect title for my page and a little strip journaling was the finishing touch. Now I'm off to warm up by the fire with a mug of hot chocolate - OK not everything about winter sucks!!!

4 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally gorgeous!!! :D

Sarah said...

thanks chantal :)

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah.
Can you help. I won the May challenge and have Emailed PP several times and had no reply.
If I am overseas (UK) does that mean I am not entitled to a prize? It's ok if that's the case, I will stop asking and emailing, just did not know. Thank you Debbiexx

Katie said...

i absolutely LOVE the colors you used and all the twine..the masking is really cool too, thanks for the inspiration!!! :)