Sunday, September 16, 2012

He's got the Island Spirit - Sarah G

Hi there from rainy NZ. I am going to share with you today a page that reminds me of tropical sunshine and cloudless skies (can you tell I am a summer person??).

 
I really love these photos of Benji at 2 in Fiji. I can't believe how much he has changed in barely a year. Look at those cute baby cheeks and his adorable curls :) I remember taking these photos after he got a new Fiji-style shirt. He really thought he was the bees knees!
I used a chipboard shape as a mask to spray the music notes onto the background. My papers are Amy Tangerine with a little OA (Woodland Park) in the mix.
Now for the Purple Pumpkin goodies. Check out the buttons that I arranged in a visual triangle around my page. I especially love the frog one. One of Benji's favourite memories of Fiji is of all the 'froggies' in the grass around our hotel so it was especially appropriate for this page about him.
 
 
 
The PP twine is one of my favourite products - I use it on almost every page I make. There are so many colours available that you can find one to co-ordinate with almost any colour scheme that you can dream up. Here I wound it around my buttons, used it as a tie for my tag and tied it into a bow for a bit of added interest :)
 
Oh, and don't forget to check out the Washi tape now available from PP - its another current obsession for me :) Its so versatile and adds a splash of colour to any page!
Have a great weekend everyone - and try to find some time for a little crafting.
 

5 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Oh WHAT an ADORABLE page & I love how you have used the buttons as your focal points in your visual triangle!

Tracey said...

What an amazing page!!!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow!! This is beautiful!!! I love the design and colors!!!
xoxo

Mara said...

THe button and colors, I like it!

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone :)))