Sunday, December 9, 2012

'You Talking to Me?' Layout by Helen Tilbury




Hi there everyone!  I hope you've all had a good weekend!!
HELEN here with my latest creation using Purple Pumpkin
products.  I was inspired by the sketch at The Scrapbook Store.
There are many Purple Pumpkin embellishments suitable for masculine 
projects.  Here I have used twine, an XL star button, 3 wooden buttons
washi tape, a film-strip die cut, a music note circular die-cut 
(that I have split into two) & a tag.
I always double the twine as it looks more effective & is easier to adhere
 using tiny glue-dots that can be hidden behind the extra thickness.
The cool die-cut film strip is great for teen layouts, as is the washi,
 which I think looks great torn & of course is also more economical
when used this way!
The washi is a great way of adding just a touch of colour wherever you 
need it to create balance on your layouts.  The die-cut musical
 notepaper is also from the store, I just inked up the edges in black.
This time I threaded the wooden buttons with twine & left some twine at each side to make an interesting boyish embellishment.  I flipped the buttons over to their reverse side as I wanted them to be plain as opposed to printed.  Thanks for looking & I'll be back later in the month to share more Purple Pumpking goodness with you!!



2 comments:

Judith said...

Great layout Helen. Love the busyness of it.

Sandra said...

I love the brightness of this layout, it's just fabulous.