Monday, January 7, 2013

Joy


Well we are off on our annual family holiday tomorrow - all 11 of us (kids plus girlfieinds). We are staying in cabins at the beach for 10 days. The weather in NZ right now is gorgeous so I am hoping that it stays that way!
Anyway I have nothing new to share today as i have not had time to do much creating over the last few days. I do have this page that I did a few weeks ago for a sketch challenge though. I took this photo of Sophie and Benji just after we finished decorating our house at advent. I bought the white tree this year on impulse as I thought it was beautiful. I decided that we woud keep it as our 'designer' tree and get our real pine tree a little closer to Christmas for the kids to decorate with the little treasures that they make at school and kindy.
Anyway, the kids loved the finished 'Xmas room' and they sat and stared at the lights on the tree for about 10 minutes straight (a long time when you are 3 and 8!). I couldn't resist snapping this photo (from behind as I didn't want to spoil the magic of the moment for them).
I had so much fun ripping and spraying my background papers. Then I made a collage of elements to mat my photo. I really love to do this. It looks so effective and uses up all those scraps that would otherwise be thrown away.
Check out the plastic doilies peeping out from under the photo cluster - they are from PP and they make great masks to spray through too! The row of white tickets along the base of my photo is also PP. Finally notice the PP fabric button and the flare button that add the perfect finishing touch to the page. I wanted to add a couple of clse-ups to show these better but blogger is not letting me upload new photos at the moment (sigh) - apparently they have been trying to fix this glitch for several days now!!
Anyway, have a great week, and don't forget to check out all the new stuff in the PP store :)

Sarah G

3 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

love the picture! the layer is fabulous. Have fun on your vacation. Good luck with the weather :)

Elaine coustley said...

Great Christmas layout. Love the way you have done layers behind the photo. x

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Great collage. Thanks for sharing.