Wednesday, March 13, 2013

'The Adventure Begins' by Helen Tilbury





Hello there Purple Pumpkin fans!  HELEN here again today, sharing a layout with you that I have just created for the current challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch.  The theme is WEEKENDS & I turned the sketch on it's side to accomodate my landscape photo orientation.


I used the new Glitz Design 'Color Me Happy' papers as I am a fan of bright colours & this is really one HAPPY collection!  I have used tonnes of Purple Pumpkin goodies on this one.  Can you spot them all?!?  


Instead of masking I used this fantastic hexagon paper from Glitz Design Cashmere Dame collection.  My trusty dymo was used for some of my journaling.  I have 2 dymos, each slightly different, as you can see by the bigger & smaller fonts above.  You can JUST see that happy yellow XL button peeking out from under the photo there.  Buy that HERE.  


I LOVED layering things up as you can see!  And of course I added in a couple of tickets on each side of my cluster.  They are available from Purple Pumpkin HERE.  See that printed button by the date sticker?  You can purchase that one HERE.  


There's another fabric button tucked underneath the title, see?  And there are also a few wooden hearts dotted around my page (I simply recoloured them using a red inkpad first).  There is also a large printed wooden button up on the left by the location cutout. 


Those Purple Pumpkin hearts echoed the hearts in the paper collection so well as you can see.


Why not try to find a patterned paper in your own stash that you can cut out in this way?  It was FUN let me tell you!!


I fussy-cut my title from a sheet of patterned paper from the same collection {Glitz Design Color Me Happy} & used one of their cardstock stickers for my journaling.  


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my new creation today!
Don't forget that there is a DESIGN TEAM CALL at Purple Pumpkin right now & we would LOVE to see some of you apply.  ALL of you in fact!!

I have a BIG GIVEAWAY going on right now over at my personal blog HERE and I would love it if you came & paid me a bloggy visit & signed up.  Got to be in it to win it!!

Happy Hump Day everyone :)



4 comments:

Lili Sulastri said...

Lovely layout. Fun colours.

Janet's Joy said...

I love your layout and all the fun elements!

Ella Swan said...

Thank you so much!!

FiKenward said...

You did a fantastic job on this Helen, awesome layering!!!