Sunday, March 10, 2013

Point Roadknight by Judith

Good morning. I hope your weekend is going well. Today I have a layout I created for Once Upon a Sketch this month. The theme was to create a page about the weekend. I was born and brought up by the sea and beach and it's one thing I miss about where we live in Australia. So I love to go down to the beach at the weekend. Our favourite place to go at the moment is Point Roadknight which is just past Anglesea on the Great Ocean Road. This photo was taken a couple of weekends ago.
With this layout I took the opportunity of having another go with texture paste and used a chevron mask. To add to my background I sprayed two different mists through the chevron mask and added some splodges using Distress Ink and finally stamped used a Kaisercraft texture stamp. 



Here is a close up of my cluster which incorporates a few Purple Pumpkin goodies. I have used a couple of pieces of crocheted doilies. I very rarely use a whole doily. I usually cut them in half. I used the other half of the ecru doily in the top cluster. I have also used a lovely satin flower and a couple of blue resin roses.



I have finished the cluster off with some paper flowers, a couple of real shells, a wooden frame and some shell beads.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well and if you're in Victoria enjoy the long weekend. If you have some time, why don't you have a go at our sketch competition or if you create something with Purple Pumpkin goodies upload your layout to our Facebook page. You could be in the running for a prize!

2 comments:

Lili Sulastri said...

Very pretty layout. I love the colours - very soft and attractive.

Kerry said...

Lovely LO and you are spot on with the colours.