Saturday, April 13, 2013

A big hello from Karen !!

Hi everyone, it's Karen here and I'm popping by to let you all know a bit about myself. 





I live in Melbourne with my husband and 3 boys.  I've been scrapping since my youngest was born, nearly 7 years ago.  I've just started again after an 18 month break, and have found my mojo and loving the craft again.  My style is masculine, grungy and messy.  I love texture and my favourite products to use are stamps, inks, paint and mists.  You'll always find them on my LOs.

I'm still waiting for my DT pack to arrive, but had a couple of buttons in my stash, and here is my example of the the April sketch


On this LO I've used one of the Chevron Flair Buttons and one of the Flair Button - Stars.  I've created my background using a mask and texture paste, with splashes of ink and stamping.

And a close up of the Flair Button - Stars.  So versatile to use on any LO.  



As I don't have any other LOs with PP embellishments to show just yet, here's a couple of my favourite LOs.  You'll see I love to get messy and grunge them up.



"JETSKI MASTER"

"LOVIN' THE BISCUIT"

"TIMES SQUARE"

Lots of paint, masking, stamping and ink on all of my work.  Just love how it completely alters the look of a LO, anything goes !!!

I don't create a lot of other crafty things.  Scrapping is my thing, but another hobby I have is baking and decorating cakes.  Only do this for family birthdays now.  Also enjoy watching football (especially my boys) and camping in the caravan.

If you're interested in seeing more of my work, please feel free to visit my blog


 I'm thrilled to be a part of this fantastic team and can't wait to share my work and hopefully inspire you all.

Thanks for joining me today.  Keep an eye out for our next awesome DT member.

Until next time, happy scrapping

Karen


8 comments:

Linda T said...

Love each and everyone of you layouts. I find boys so hard to scrap thanks for the inspiration

Kerry said...

Wow, wow, wow! Love these grudge type LO's and I think I might give it ago. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Maria said...

Great layouts. I have been reinspired - thanks.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I live your style Karen, there is so much detail!

Elaine coustley said...

Great to see "boy" layouts. Love the grunge & messy style. x

anne-louise said...

OHHHH a all boy mummy just like me, except I have four LOL Love your layouts sooo my kind of thing.Lots of inspiration there well done, LOVE all of them.

Lesley G said...

Gorgeous layouts Karen, look forward to seeing more...

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Welcome Karen!!It is great to be on the same team once again! I love your work!!xx