Monday, June 24, 2013

You Make Me Smile by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Good morning Purple Pumpkin friends!

Julianne here today, sharing a layout I created about the youngest of my nine cats. Yes, you read that correctly - I have 9 cats. (It's a long story!!!)


Most of my layouts are about my family, daughters, husband etc. But these furry creatures are also my family, so I scrap them as well. 

Loki (named after a mischievious elf, not Thor's brother), is the youngest of my cats. He is so smoochy and lovable, and yes, he makes me smile every day with his love, cuddles, and funny antics. 

You can see I have used lots of strips of paper and PP washi tape to create my background. Along with some stamps, stickers, and paper die cuts.


I have tucked in some PP crochet flowers, and a cloth button, amongst the Prima flowers. 


And a lone PP resin flower - I adore these resin flowers! They are so delicate and sweet, and can be made as a focus feature, or tucked away for a less visible embellishment piece. 


Here's a close-up of the washi strips and paper layers. I have a "thing" about polka dots, so this is probably one of my all time favourite washi tapes. It matched this paper range (Jillibean Soup) so perfectly. 

Thank-you for stopping by today. All the Purple Pumpkin goodies I have used on my layout, can be found in the store, right here.

And don't forget to join in our June sketch competition - we are on the lookout for a guest designer. 
All the details are here.  

3 comments:

Tracey said...

This is beautiful!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I really LOVE these colours & the way you've used the PP embellies - especially the resin rose! That banner is DELICIOUS, too:):):)

Elaine coustley said...

Great to see pet layouts . I love cats and your layout is just beautiful.x